HistoryThe Exempt Market Dealers Association of Canada (EMDA) is a not-for-profit association founded in 2002 by a group of Canadian business people whose firms were active in the exempt securities market.Prior to September 2009 and the implementation of the exempt market dealer category across Canada through National Instrument 31-103, the EMDA operated under its previous name the Limited Market Dealers Association of Canada.Our Mission
The purpose of the EMDA is to:
- provide valuable services and cost saving opportunities to its members;
- connect its members across Canada for personal and business opportunity networking;
- assist its members with understanding and implementing their regulatory responsibilities;
- ensure the highest standards of business conduct amongst its membership across Canada;
- increase public and industry awareness of the exempt market and its role;
- be the voice of the exempt market dealers locally and nationally to securities regulators, government agencies, other industry associations and the capital markets.