The EMDA's primary focus is on being an effective national industry voice for its members and also on providing many valuable membership services, opportunities and benefits to its members, including:
- Provide exclusive access and insight on compliance and regulatory requirements for EMDs - helping you meet your obligations and stay focused on your business, not regulators.
- Bring together industry leading experts and professional advisers to EMDs - so you can access the professional advice you need, when you need it.
- Help EMDs save money on the things they need to run their business.
- Encourage a strong culture of compliance within EMDs and across the exempt market.
- Protect the reputation and regulatory capabilities of the exempt market dealers - ensuring EMDs can continue to play a significant role in the Canadian capital markets.
- Establish regular communications and networking opportunities between EMDs and within the exempt market.
- Provide continuing education opportunities to help the professional development of EMDs and their dealing representatives.
- Ensure EMDs have a strong voice in the development of new or revised securities laws and regulations.
- Ensure a healthy and vibrant exempt capital market across Canada.